Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
The mission of the Department of Business Administration and Management is to build upon the liberal arts focus of the College and to provide the base of knowledge and experiences that will enable our graduates to be business leaders, capable of making sound and ethical business decisions in a continuously changing environment. The Department majors are designed around a common core of courses along with the requirements for each concentration. A student can obtain a double major within the Department. However, only one major is permitted in each of the following areas: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Health Care Management, Sport Management, or Computer Information Systems.
Students who successfully complete the program will:
- Exhibit basic competencies in interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, leadership, and teamwork appropriate for the business world.
- Acquire and apply basic knowledge in the student’s chosen field.
- Integrate the functional components of business into a workable whole.
- Illustrate the ability to apply critical thinking and reasoning skills and to utilize effective problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation for cultural, ethical, and responsible behaviors in a global world.
Why The B.S. In Business Administration At Albertus Magnus College?
Earn Your Degree With Our Accelerated And Flexible Courses
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management is offered in three flexible formats:
- Blended - Take one to two classes every eight weeks through a combination of in-class sessions and online assignments. (Classes are held at our beautiful New Haven campus.) Our blended classes are arranged so you go to school one night per week; all other assignments are done from the comfort of home. Students who choose this option often enjoy the best of "both worlds" as they benefit from in-class discussion with their classmates and professors while maintaining the convenience of working on projects and assignments from home.
* Our accelerated program allows students to earn 30 credits in one year while balancing work and family. Earn your bachelor's degree in four years or transfer in credits and earn your degree sooner.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Human Resources Manager
Program Of Study - Business Administration Major
Core Requirements for all Business Administration Majors (21 credits)
*All students pursuing a major in Accounting or Business Administration (with the exception of Computer Information Systems majors) are required to take the following set of core courses as a foundation for requirements in their area of concentration culminating with a capstone course.
Finance Concentration (51 credits, 30 credits + 21 core credits listed above)
General Business Concentration (48 credits, 27 credits in business + 21 core credits listed above)
This concentration is designed specifically for students enrolled in the Teacher Preparation Program who are seeking a secondary level teacher certification with a business endorsement.